|Position Category||Support Staff|
|Position Type||Support- Full-time|
|Posting Start Date|
|Posting End Date|
|Position Start Date|
|School District||Lawton Public Schools|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides educationally necessary intervention in the area of motor skill development, focusing primarily on gross motor development, under the general supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
• Services are provided in a variety of school settings, ranging from preschool to high school.
• Ability to drive to various schools in order to provide physical therapy services in the neighborhood schools of students on caseload
• Performs related work as required.
|Required Qualifications||Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Graduated from an accredited program for Physical Therapist Assistants
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc:
Licensed as a physical therapy assistant in the State of Oklahoma
Experience working with children who are disabled
• Time is split between sites/schools/departments and an office environment.
• Includes walking or standing for long periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting loads up to 60 lbs., bending, reaching, grasping, and turning objects and use of fingers to operate computer keyboards.
• The work requires the ability to speak normally and the ability to perform visual inspections and recordings.
|Include the following materials with your application:||Resume|
|Include the following materials with your application:||Transcripts|
|Include the following materials with your application:||Teaching/Administration Certification|
|Application Instructions||The following items must be uploaded with the application:
Copy of your current Oklahoma teaching certificate.
A copy of your out-of-state, valid teaching certificate and proof of experience, if this applies to you. Oklahoma will pay up to 5 years of out-of-state teaching experience.
DD214 (military service record) if this applies to you, Oklahoma will pay up to 5 years active duty military service.
When the completed application is submitted, the references you named will be sent immediately.
DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED; HOWEVER, ONLY CANDIDATES WHOSE APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED BY AUG. 6 ARE ASSURED OF RECEIVING FULL CONSIDERATION.
When a vacancy exists, the file of qualified applicants will be reviewed. If you are selected to interview, that interview will be conducted at the appropriate school site and will be specific dealing with a particular certified position. An administrator, team coordinator or department chair, and teacher(s) will make up the interview team. A second employment interview may be scheduled if additional information is needed.
If an applicant is not selected for a position, the application will be returned to the active file for future consideration. Only the applicant selected for the position will be notified by the Human Resources office.
A National Criminal History Record Check is required of every employee. Background checks are $59 and are the responsibility of the employee. Information on how to obtain a background check will be given by the Human Resources office after you have been hired for a position.
The application will be kept on file for one year. Please do not contact principals or directors for interviews. They are not permitted to interview applicants unless selected from the applicant file.
Only those applicants who hold a current Oklahoma teaching certificate with highly qualified credentialing will be considered for employment. An applicant who is uncertain about eligibility may obtain this information by writing or calling the state certification office in Oklahoma City at:
State Department of Education
Oliver Hodge Building
2500 N Lincoln Blvd., Room 232
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
Your application and related documents are the sole property of the district, they will be kept confidential, and will be reviewed only by appropriate administration.
It is the policy of the Lawton Independent School District to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, qualified disability, or military veteran status.
|Contact Name||Dolores Anderson|