Clinton Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of 5th Grade Teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively implement district initiatives. Working with your collaborative team during Professional Learning Committee (PLC) meetings to discuss essential standards, data, assessments, RTI, and the PLC process.
- Participate in curriculum review and design. Working together with your grade level team or subject area teachers to unpack standards to create pacing guides, common formative assessments, as well as collaborate on lesson planning.
- Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers. Focusing on Essential Standards chosen by the grade level team. Evaluating testing data (benchmarks and CFA’s) to determine best teaching practices and RTI implementation.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and implementing the Response to Intervention process to ensure all students learn.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Using RTI to give students the opportunity to relearn and retest on standards not previously mastered.
- Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives, focusing on guaranteed curriculum.
- Diagnose and evaluate student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Refer students for alternative services as provided by the District (EL, Reading, Special Education).
Ask about our $1,000 SIGNING BONUS!
Clinton Public Schools serves more than 2,100 students in a supportive community of 10,000.
Here are just a few of the things that make Clinton Public Schools stand-out:
- On site daycare for district employees.
- $2,000 Christmas PD stipends.
- District Nurses.
- Makerspaces for hands-on learning at every school site.
- Lower than state and national average student to teacher ratios.
- Integrated technology in every classroom, Pre-K-12th grade including iPads and interactive whiteboards in every classroom.
- One device per student (iPad or Chromebook)
- Accessible administrators - you will find our principals and other administrators interacting with students and making efforts to really get to each and every one.
- Support from a local education foundation that is unmatched in the state of Oklahoma. No other school foundation offers the grants, scholarships, and awards offered by our foundation.
- Elementary reading gardens and an interactive sensory playground.
- Weekly G/T classes.
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy sensory room.
- Community Partners program bringing workforce leaders from the community into the schools.
- Full-day developmental Pre-K program.
- Fine arts opportunities available beginning in 2nd grade with musicals and instrument instruction. 5th and 6th grades may participate in choral music with Cyclone Singers.
- Active PTOs.
- Full gyms at each site.
- CTAP - Clinton Technical Application Program provides career tech experiences for students grades 7th-10th.
- High School higher educational options including biomedical training with Western Technology Center and concurrent college classes with Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Redlands Community College.
- 11 different AP classes offered at CHS.
-Pre-ACT and ACT testing provided to all 9th-11th grade students.
- Extensive extracurricular opportunities including competitive vocal music, band, legal team, and many sports.
- A/V training opportunities for students who desire to learn video production including student-led Jumbotron programming.
- A broad range of elective classes at both the middle school and high school level covering interest areas for every student,
- First-class turf football field used for football, marching band, and soccer as well as a recently renovated basketball arena.
- GearUP Grant
The Clinton Public School Foundation (CPSF) has given away more than $351,000 to Clinton educators in classroom and professional development grant awards since 1987. Two grant cycles are available each year (fall and spring) with funding available for classroom and professional development grants.
CPSF also funds the Clinton Teacher of the Year program. Every year, chosen school site winners each receive a $1,000 prize. The districtwide winner receives an additional $5,000 plus $500 for his or her classroom account for a total of $10,500 given to Clinton teachers each year through this program.
The Newcomer Award program began in 2020 to recognize an outstanding new Clinton teacher each year. This award also comes with a $250 award.
CPSF offers an extensive number of scholarships to students. By 2022 the Foundation has plans to implement a scholarship incentive program for current teachers wanting to attain a master’s degree.
Learn more about our foundation by checking out their website.
It’s a GREAT day to be a Red Tornado!