The Marketing and Communications Specialist provides creative direction, graphic design, and project management in production of all marketing materials, including but not limited to printed and digital publications and other promotional materials; provides assistance in developing strategy and budget for traditional and digital advertising; assists with student recruitment and other school events; assists in writing and pitching GPTC news stories to the media on a regular basis and maintains positive relationships with the media.
Duties and responsibilities
· Assist in writing and development of the strategic marketing plan, script development for video productions, crisis communications plan, and other communications priorities
· Assist with website content
· Provide input to the Director Communications and Marketing on public relations and advertising opportunities and concerns
· Provide creative direction, project management and follow through of production for marketing materials including but not limited to printed and promotional literature
· Provide graphic design for marketing materials.
· Develop relationships on campus to determine newsworthy public relations stories and provide excellent customer service
· Develop strong relationships with media partners
· Develop, coordinate and evaluate research projects to identify opportunities, customer profiles, perceptions and preferences
· Maintain community and committee involvement as deemed appropriate for public relations efforts
· Maintain professional competence through professional membership and participation in professional and civic activities
· Provide support and assistance in preparation of planning of special events hosted by GPTC
· Responds to consumer inquiries received via website and social media.
· Assists with School Messenger mass notification system to deliver timely school closure and other messaging to students and staff.
· Assists with student recruitment activities
The Marketing and Communications Specialist typically works in an office environment, but the mission of the school may require work in other workplaces. A standard workweek is required, but additionally may often require evening and weekend hours to accommodate activities such as representation of Great Plains at public events. Prolonged sitting at a computer station is required.
June 19, 2023
Employment Benefits Include: 100% paid health insurance; paid vacation; paid sick leave; paid school holidays off; tuition reimbursement; 100% paid contribution to teacher’s retirement.
Great Plains Technology Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proven ability to write effectively
Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Experience in creative direction of layout and design
Familiarity with use of social media for public relations and marketing purposes
Competence with Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field, preferred.
Three years’ experience in public relations, advertising, journalism, marketing, communications, or related area preferred.
Competence with graphic design software, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred
Include the following materials with your application: